Today, there are many great toys that you can purchase, but you should always make sure that the toys are appropriate for the kid’s age. If you buy the water play table from Step2 Direct, you can rest assured that your kids will have fun the whole summer.
Everyone is born with a creative potential, but if you do not do something about that potential, it may end up stifled up. Creativity is a way to display the uniqueness, and isn’t that what we want for our kids? Creativity allows them to see things from a different perspective, and to solve problems in their own way.
Let your kids play with whatever they want (as long as the toys are not dangerous)
How to strengthen their creativity
- Relax a bit. An adult who will constantly supervise their kids and control the way they play, will eventually diminish their self-confidence. They will not try to do anything by themselves later on, until somebody tells them what to do.
- Try to inspire preservice. All the creativity will be useless if the product is not seen through until it is completed. You need to show admiration and interest in what your kids have created, as you suppress the impulse to do their tasks for them.
- Tolerate the “Off Beat”, as you let your kids know that it is not always critical to do everything the correct way to be able to solve a problem. Those novel, innovative and unique approaches will surely be valued.
- Provide a creative atmosphere. Make sure that you allow your kids to play with creative materials, especially at a young age. Some of the basic equipment include records, drawing materials, books, clay, blocks and objects that can produce sound.
Toys that help with imagination are usually the supplies for preschoolers and unstructured toys and materials. Make sure your kids have the toys that can be made into a variety of things, and not just toys that have one button and one function.
- Planning and problem solving. You should help your kids solve problems by encouraging them to use their creativity to solve their problems. Younger kids should try and look for alternatives, evaluate them, after which they will decide how to carry them out creatively.
- Offer, but don’t pressure. Kids like chaos, and having them play by your rules is not something that you should do. Offer to help them, but if they refuse do not pressure them to play by your book. Also, avoid creating organized activities, since that limits their creativity. The child will find his/her own way to have fun, as soon as you leave him/her alone.
Creative play is important for kids of all ages
There are so many different toys today, that you never know if you bought the correct one for your kids. The easiest way to decide that is to allow your kids to pick the toys for themselves, while you make sure that the toys are appropriate for their age. Ina addition, do not forbid them from having a toy just because the toy is not meant for their gender.
Sometimes, even the bigger toys can teach our kids a lot. For example, purchasing the safe Step2 Direct ride on toys for kids is a great idea if you have preschoolers, as they will never be bored. Just let kids be kids, and pick their own toys!